Engineered Products and Solutions
A diversified portfolio of three businesses, with a core focus on solutions for the growing aerospace market:
- Power and Propulsion: Multi-material airfoils for jet engines and industrial gas turbines
- Fastening Systems & Rings: Multi-material fasteners for aerospace and transportation vehicles
- Forgings and Extrusions: Large and complex, multi-material fabricated parts and structures used across various end markets such as aerospace,
automotive, defense and oil and gas.
Transportation and Construction Solutions
Delivers multi-material, value-added solutions focused on two strategic markets:
- Building & Construction Systems: Commercial architectural systems including building facades, walls, store fronts and windows
- Wheel & Transportation Products: Forged aluminum vehicle wheels for commercial transportation
This segment is structured into two market-facing business units:
- Global Packaging: Rigid container sheet used for beverage and food cans, industrial packaging and specialty foil in Brazil; and
- Aerospace, Transportation and Industrial: Aluminum plate and sheet developed for these three end markets.
Focused on all aspects of aluminum production: mining, refining, smelting, casting and energy.
- Alumina: This segment mines bauxite, which is then refined into alumina. Alcoa is
the largest global bauxite producer and world's leading producer of alumina; and
- Primary Metals: The worldwide smelter system produces primary aluminum used
by Alcoa's fabricating businesses and sold to external customers and traders. Our
operations also include power facilities, which generate approximately 20% of the
power used at Alcoa's smelters worldwide. Two-thirds of our global smelting
capacity is supported by renewable based energy.