A diversified portfolio of five businesses across four main end markets (aerospace,
industrial gas turbines, building and construction and commerical transportation):
- Power and Propulsion: Multi-material airfoils for jet engines and industrial gas
- Fastening Systems: Multi-material fasteners for aerospace and transportation vehicles;
- Building and Construction Systems: Commercial architectural systems (including building
facades, walls, store fronts and windows);
- Wheel and Transportation Products: Forged aluminum commercial vehicle wheels; and
Forgings and Extrusions: Large and complex, multi-material fabricated parts and
structures used across various end markets such as aerospace, automotive, defense
and oil and gas.
This segment is structured into three market-facing business units:
- Global Packaging: Rigid container sheet used for beverage and food cans, industrial packaging and specialty foil in Brazil;
- Aerospace, Transportation and Industrial: Aluminum plate and sheet developed for these three end markets; and
- China and Consumer Electronics: Beverage cans and commercial transportation brazing sheet in China and consumer electronics.
Leader in all aspects of aluminum production: mining, refining, smelting and energy.
- Alumina: This segment mines bauxite, which is then refined into alumina. Alcoa is
the largest global bauxite producer and world's leading producer of alumina; and
- Primary Metals: The worldwide smelter system produces primary aluminum used
by Alcoa's fabricating businesses and sold to external customers and traders. Our
operations also include power facilities, which generate approximately 20% of the
power used at Alcoa's smelters worldwide. Two-thirds of our global smelting
capacity is supported by renewable based energy.