November 13, 2019
Alcoa employees approve Enterprise Agreement
Alcoa Australia is pleased to announce employees at its Western Australian operations eligible to be covered by the Australian Workers Union (AWU) enterprise agreement (EA) have voted in support of a new proposed agreement.
Voting on the Alcoa of Australia Limited WA Operations AWU Enterprise Agreement 2019 proposal closed at midday today and was approved by majority vote.
Alcoa Vice President of Operations – Australia, Michael Gollschewski, said that the company was looking forward to moving past the distractions of the past and working with its employees to rebuild a strong and more united team.
“I am committed to working with everyone across our locations to ensure we are all working towards the same end point – safe and sustainable operations,” Mr Gollschewski said.
The EA will now be submitted to the Fair Work Commission for ratification.
Alcoa of Australia (Alcoa) has a proud history in Australia which it hopes to continue by remaining internationally competitive, attracting ongoing investment and providing jobs for future generations.
- Alcoa has been contributing to Australia’s economy since 1963, investing more than $12 billion over 56 years.
- More than 65 per cent of Alcoa’s total annual revenue stays in Australia through wages, local purchasing, taxes, royalties and dividends to Australian shareholders.
- Alcoa employs more than 4,250 people in Australia. About 3,770 live in WA.
- In our 56 years, Alcoa has taken on more than 2000 apprentices, trainees and graduates.
- In 2018, Alcoa:
- Invested $1.86 billion with more than 1550 Australian suppliers.
- Paid $668 million in Australian wages, salaries and associated benefits.
- Paid more than $690 million in State, Federal and Local government taxes and royalties.
- Made $4 million in community contributions.
Alcoa Corporation(NYSE: AA) is a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina and aluminum products, with a strong portfolio of value-added cast and rolled products and substantial energy assets. Alcoa Corporation is built on a foundation of strong values and operating excellence dating back more than 130 years to the world-changing discovery that made aluminum an affordable and vital part of modern life. Since developing the aluminum industry, and throughout the company’s history, talented employees have followed on with breakthrough innovations and best practices that have led to efficiency, safety, sustainability and stronger communities wherever we operate. Visit us online on www.alcoa.com, follow @Alcoa on Twitter and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Alcoa.