Our tax professionals partner with Alcoa business professionals to provide proactive, efficient tax services in line with the following commitments:
- We will satisfy all income tax reporting and filing obligations in accordance with laws and regulations at a competitive cost;
- We will develop and implement tax strategies to support business goals and maximize after-tax cash flows;
- We will mitigate tax risk through thoughtful implementation and documentation and proactive involvement in legislation. Where possible, we will work closely with local governments to ensure transparency, and we will participate in current audit initiatives to shorten audit cycles and reduce tax risk;
- We will assist in developing sustainable, arms-length pricing on intercompany transactions;
- We will not develop tax structures or take tax return positions that are not at least more likely than not to be sustained on a tax audit;
- We will not engage in tax planning that relies on the non-disclosure of activity or of ownership in tax havens or secrecy jurisdictions; and
- We will closely follow Alcoa’s financial and ethical policies and guidelines.
We are committed to complying with the spirit as well as the letter of the tax rules and regulations in the jurisdictions where we have a tax presence. We have a number of tax procedures to ensure our senior management understands the tax consequences of all material company transactions, audit settlements and other material tax matters globally. All employees can report any tax concerns to our Integrity Line without fear of retaliation.
Our tax policy applies to all corporate taxes, including corporate income tax, value-added tax, sales tax, and property tax.
(February 5, 2021)
Learn more in our 2021 Sustainability Report.