RECRUITING NOW! Applications welcome 21 June - 15 July 2019.
Opportunity awaits at Alcoa, step up and create your future with us!
- Looking for a forward-thinking employer committed to diversity and inclusion?
- Interested in a company which will invest in your training and development?
- Passionate about becoming skilled in a trade?
Then look no further than Alcoa – a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina and aluminium products, built on a foundation of strong values and operating and sustainability excellence.
Apprentices play an important role in Alcoa’s future. We have an ongoing commitment to first-class training and can provide a variety of job opportunities throughout your career at our bauxite mines and alumina refineries, located within the Perth metropolitan and Peel regions.*
As an apprentice you will learn on-the-job in a safety conscious environment and, on successful completion of your apprenticeship, receive a nationally recognised trade certificate in one of the following trade categories:
- Mechanical Fitter
- Fabricator / Welder
- Heavy Duty Plant Mechanic
- Industrial Electrical Instrumentation Technician
We seek motivated individuals, with a strong work ethic and who will grasp every opportunity for development. We also look for people who enjoy problem solving, communicate effectively and have interests outside of work or school.
Diversity and inclusion are key to our success. For nearly two decades we have been named an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality as we are committed to attracting, retaining and promoting women. We also have an active employee LGBTI action group and are recognised by Pride in Diversity as a Silver Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index.
If you enjoy a hands-on approach to developing new skills, then apply before 15 July by clicking on the above trade category you are interested in. To learn a little more about the roles and Alcoa click here.
Applicants please note:
- Applications are submitted through Workday - click ‘Apply’ and create an account using a current email address.
- You must upload your most recent school grade report – do this in the ‘Quick Apply’ section where it asks for your CV. If you left school more than three years ago, then upload your current CV or most recent TAFE/university transcript.
- Upload other supporting documents, including your CV if you have one, in the ‘My Experience’ section under the ‘Resume/CV’ heading.
- For current students or recent school leavers it is essential that you upload your latest school grade report for your application to be considered.
* All within 130 kilometres of Perth’s central business district.