In Australia, we seek to employ talented, enthusiastic people. We want curious minds and aspiring change-makers to work with us to create the future.
Our workplace is an inclusive and respectful environment, where we embrace change, new ideas and equal opportunity to succeed. We provide some of the most unique technical challenges in our industry and we are committed to achieving world’s best practice through our values - Act with integrity, Operate with excellence, and Care for people.
Learn more about our Australian operations, our employee benefits and student/talent entry programs, and our recruitment processes for:
- General recruitment, including ‘white collar’ roles
- Talent pool recruitment for ‘blue collar’ roles (see inclusions below)
Australian and global employment opportunities are promoted online using Workday.
Job email alerts can be set up once you have created a Workday profile and signed in via the Alcoa employment opportunities link.Please note:
- Current permanent and fixed-term Alcoa employees: you can use MyAlcoa to view all vacancies, simply click on HR, Australia, then the Job Search button or using the internal Workday system click on Career then Find Jobs.
- External applicants: apply through ‘Current Employment Opportunities’ (see tab on above toolbar). Positions are only available to permanent Australian residents or applicants who hold the relevant visa with authority to work in Australia. Please ensure this information is clearly stated on your application.
- Entry talent programs: as apprenticeship, traineeship, graduate and vacation student opportunities become available they will be advertised on the Alcoa website and in Workday.
- Entry-level blue-collar opportunities: as roles become available, we recruit from Alcoa talent pools for production operator, mine operator, refinery worker, stores officer, terminal officer and mechanical and electrical trade positions. Set up a Workday job alert to receive talent pool advertisements and/or monitor the current employment opportunities.
Diversity and work-life balance
We believe part of the reason we have low employee turnover in Australia is because of our successful initiatives which assist employees to achieve a positive and healthy balance between work and other commitments. We also have an inclusive culture which provides employees with the opportunity to succeed professionally and empowers them to be proud of who they are and where they come from.
No matter what a person's gender, marital status, age, background, ethnicity, beliefs, impairments, sexual identity or religion, all employees are valued members of the Alcoa team. Through our inclusion strategy we have two company-wide employee resource groups, the Alcoa Women’s Network and EAGLE (Employees at Alcoa for Gay, Lesbian [Bisexual and Transgender] Equality). Each group provides information and resources, a support network and organises group activities.
By taking inclusion, diversity and work-life balance seriously, we know we stand a far greater chance of attracting the right people who will be the best fit for our business.