Certain statements on this website by Alcoa relate to future events and expectations and, as such, constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements include those containing such words as “anticipates,” “believes,” “estimates,” “expects,” “forecasts,” “hopes,” “intends,” “may,” “outlook,” “plans,” “projects,” “should,” “targets,” “will,” or other words of similar meaning. All statements that reflect Alcoa’s expectations, assumptions, or projections about the future other than statements of historical fact are forward-looking statements, including, without limitation, forecasts concerning global demand for aluminum, end market conditions, supply/demand balances, and growth opportunities for aluminum in automotive, aerospace, and other applications; targeted financial results or operating performance; statements about Alcoa’s strategies, outlook, and business and financial prospects; and statements regarding Alcoa’s portfolio transformation, including the expected benefits of acquisitions. These statements reflect beliefs and assumptions that are based on Alcoa’s perception of historical trends, current conditions and expected future developments, as well as other factors management believes are appropriate in the circumstances. Forward-looking statements are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties and are not guarantees of future performance. Alcoa disclaims any intention or obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statements, whether in response to new information, future events, or otherwise, except as required by applicable law.
Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements include: (a) material adverse changes in aluminum industry conditions, including global supply and demand conditions and fluctuations in London Metal Exchange-based prices and premiums, as applicable, for primary aluminum, alumina, and other products, and fluctuations in indexed-based and spot prices for alumina; (b) deterioration in global economic and financial market conditions generally; (c) unfavorable changes in the markets served by Alcoa, including aerospace, automotive, commercial transportation, building and construction, packaging, and industrial gas turbine; (d) the impact on costs and results of changes in foreign currency exchange rates, particularly the Australian dollar, Brazilian real, Canadian dollar, euro, and Norwegian kroner; (e) increases in energy costs or the costs of other raw materials, or the unavailability or interruption of energy supplies; (f) Alcoa’s inability to achieve anticipated revenue growth, cash generation, cost savings, improvement in profitability and margins, fiscal discipline, or strengthening of competitiveness and operations (including increasing revenues and improving margins in its Engineered Products and Solutions and Global Rolled Products segments and moving its alumina refining and aluminum smelting businesses down on the industry cost curves); (g) failure to advance, successfully implement, achieve commercialization of, or realize expected benefits from new or innovative technologies, equipment, processes, or products, whether due to competitive developments, changes in the regulatory environment, unexpected events, such as failure of equipment or processes to meet specifications, or other factors; (h) Alcoa’s inability to realize expected benefits, in each case as planned and by targeted completion dates, from sales of non-core assets, or from newly constructed, expanded, or acquired facilities or businesses, or from international joint ventures, including the joint venture in Saudi Arabia; (i) risks relating to operating globally, including geopolitical, economic, and regulatory risks and unexpected events beyond Alcoa’s control such as unfavorable changes in laws and governmental policies, civil unrest, imposition of sanctions, expropriation of assets, major public health issues, and terrorism; (j) the outcome of contingencies, including legal proceedings, government investigations, and environmental remediation; (k) the impact of cyber attacks and potential information technology or data security breaches; (l) failure to, or unexpected delays in, the consummation of acquisitions; (m) the loss of customers, suppliers and other business relationships as a result of acquisitions, competitive developments, or other factors; and (n) the other risk factors summarized in Alcoa’s Form 10-K the year ended December 31, 2014 and other reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Market projections are subject to the risks discussed above and other risks in the market.
Alcoa Inc. ("Alcoa") and its subsidiaries and affiliates maintain this website for your information, education, and communication. Unless otherwise indicated, you may download material displayed on this website for noncommercial, personal use only, provided you also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials. You may not, however, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, repost, or use the content of this website for public or commercial purposes, including any data, text, images, audio, or video without the prior written permission of Alcoa. Certain sections of this website may contain additional restrictions as to use or access. Use of this website and access to the material it contains are subject to the following terms and conditions as well as to all applicable laws. Your access to and browsing of the website constitutes your full acceptance of these terms and conditions:
- Unless otherwise stated, all materials on this website are protected by copyright. They may only be used with the prior written permission of Alcoa, as set forth in these Terms and Conditions, or in the text on this website. Alcoa does not warrant that your use of information or graphics displayed on this website will not infringe the rights of third parties who are not related to Alcoa.
- Information on this website may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Information may be changed or updated without notice. Alcoa or its subsidiaries and affiliates may also make improvements and/or changes in the products described in this information at any time without notice.
- Everything on this website is provided to you "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Alcoa and its affiliates also assume no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in this website or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from it.
- Alcoa and its subsidiaries and affiliates (herein "Alcoa") make no representation whatsoever about any other website which you may access through this one. When you access a website, please understand that it is independent from Alcoa, and that Alcoa has no control over the content on that website. In addition, a link to a non-Alcoa website is not an indication that Alcoa endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or the use, of such website. IN NO EVENT WILL ALCOA BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY OR FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER FOR ANY USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR OF ANY OTHER HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA ON YOUR INFORMATION HANDLING SYSTEM OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ALCOA IS EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- Alcoa does not want to receive confidential or proprietary information from you through this website. Please note that any information or material sent to Alcoa through any link provided on this website will be deemed NOT to be confidential. By thus sending Alcoa any information or material, you irrevocably grant Alcoa an unrestricted, worldwide license to use, distribute, display, reproduce, perform, modify, and transmit those materials or information, and you also agree that Alcoa is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques that you send us for any purpose. If you want to have your confidential or proprietary information considered by Alcoa you will need to first sign a Non-confidentiality Agreement before the information will be viewed by a technical person at Alcoa. To obtain a Non-confidentiality Agreement, write to IPLD - Unsolicited Ideas, Alcoa Technical Center, 100 Technical Drive, Alcoa Center, PA, 15069.
- Throughout this website you will find a number of trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively the "Marks"). The Marks are registered and unregistered trademarks of Alcoa and others. Those trademarks followed by ¨ are registered trademarks in the United States; all others are trademarks in the United States. Nothing contained on this website should be construed as granting any license or right to use any such Mark displayed on the website without the written permission of Alcoa or such third party that may own the Marks displayed. Any questions concerning the use of Marks or whether a name is in fact a trademark of Alcoa should be referred to e-mail address:Email .