Rockdale At a Glance
191,000 mt/year capacity
35,000 acre site
- In operation since 1952 - temporarily curtailed
- Electrode plant - temporarily curtailed
- Potrooms - temporarily curtailed
- Casthouse - temporarily curtailed
- Atomizer - Full Production
- Sheet ingot
- Foundry ingot
- Aluminum powder
- 450 MW generated by Luminant Power
About 70 salaried and hourly employees
The Rockdale Electrode Department became the first Electrode Department in the Alcoa Primary Business Unit to gain ISO 9002 Certification in 1997.
Rail America operates the Rockdale, Sandow and Southern Railroad (RS&S), a "spur" line that serves as a critical link between Rockdale Operations and suppliers, customers and other Alcoa locations. The RS&S delivers raw materials and ships finished goods from the facility.
USW Local 4895 represents Alcoa employees at Rockdale Operations.