Alcoa, the world’s leading producer of primary aluminum and fabricated aluminum, has been creating jobs and operating facilities in Washington State for more than 60 years.
Commitment to community
Alcoa is committed to making a positive impact in the communities and regions where it operates through grants and sponsorships. Over the past four years, Alcoa and Alcoa Foundation have contributed over $1.4 Million to Washington State partners and non-profits. With a combined workforce of 1,060 in Washington, Alcoa strives to be engaged and responsible stewards in the community.
Elsewhere in the state of Washington, Alcoa’s Wenatchee Works is an important part of the community and economy as well:
- Wenatchee has 467 direct employees and supports another 1,070 indirect jobs.
- Jobs create $52 million in direct wage and benefits spending in Chelan County and the Wenatchee Valley.
Intalco Works, located in west of Ferndale, WA has 620 direct employees and supports another 1,800 indirect jobs.
Intalco’s direct jobs create $54 million in direct wage and benefits spending in Whatcom County and surrounding areas
$4.8 million in local taxes paid annually
- Through both Intalco Works and Wenatchee Works, thousands of hours of volunteer work is performed each year in our communities.
- Longview site clean-up is handled by local employees.
- Through the first quarter of 2012, Alcoa worked with local leaders, elected officials and citizens to form a Community Advisory Board (CAB) in Cowlitz County. This collaborative group represents a diverse cross section of stakeholders in the region and will work together toward the goal of effectively communicating clean-up progress and will give the local leadership an opportunity to give direct feedback to the company. The first CAB meeting was held on April 12. Following an orientation, members heard from Alcoa leadership and project representatives as well as Department of Ecology leadership. Participants provided feedback and questions that will be important in planning future meetings, presentations and content. The group will be setting the dates for the 3rd and 4th Quarter meetings very soon. We will post updates on the work and discussion of our CAB as appropriate, but please contact us if you would like more information.
- Posted here is the Q2 CAB Meeting Agenda and the two PowerPoint presentation decks presented to the group at the April 12 meeting.
Q2 CAB Meeting Agenda [390KB]
Draft Remedial Investigation and Feasibility Study [1.8MB]
If you have any questions or would like more information about Alcoa in Longview, please contact us.
September 13, 2012
Alcoa Named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes: World and North America
November 22, 2011
Alcoa of WA State Receives Outstanding Philanthropic Corporation Award