Alcoa, the world’s leading producer of primary aluminum and fabricated aluminum, has been creating jobs and operating facilities in Washington State for more than 60 years.
Commitment to community
Alcoa is committed to making a positive impact in the communities and regions where it operates through grants and sponsorships. Over the past four years, Alcoa and Alcoa Foundation have contributed over $1.4 Million to Washington State partners and non-profits. With a combined workforce of 1,060 in Washington, Alcoa strives to be engaged and responsible stewards in the community.
Elsewhere in the state of Washington, Alcoa’s Wenatchee Works is an important part of the community and economy as well:
- Wenatchee has 467 direct employees and supports another 1,070 indirect jobs.
- Jobs create $52 million in direct wage and benefits spending in Chelan County and the Wenatchee Valley.
Intalco Works, located in west of Ferndale, WA has 620 direct employees and supports another 1,800 indirect jobs.
Intalco’s direct jobs create $54 million in direct wage and benefits spending in Whatcom County and surrounding areas
$4.8 million in local taxes paid annually
- Through both Intalco Works and Wenatchee Works, thousands of hours of volunteer work is performed each year in our communities.
- Longview site clean-up is handled by local employees.
- Dock operation and alumina offloading employs 30 people in Cowlitz County.
- Over the past two years, Alcoa has worked with local leaders, elected officials and citizens who make up a Community Advisory Board (CAB) in Cowlitz County. This collaborative group represents a diverse cross section of stakeholders in the region and will work together toward the goal of effectively communicating clean-up progress and will give the local leadership an opportunity to give direct feedback to the company. With the exclusive focus on site clean-up, Alcoa works with CAB members and Ecology representatives to break down the complicated clean-up process and elements, offering all stakeholders the opportunity to provide feedback, ask questions and suggest community communication solutions. Please feel free to contact us if you would like more information about the CAB.
September 13, 2012
Alcoa Named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes: World and North America
November 22, 2011
Alcoa of WA State Receives Outstanding Philanthropic Corporation Award