Alcoa has committed to keeping our world clean and green, and we want others to do the same.
The Pass the Can Facebook app is our way of telling the world how critical and easy it is to recycle. It’s fun, engaging and allows you to make a big impact offline — while still online.
Ready to start making an impact? You can get to the Pass the Can app from:
- The Alcoa Facebook page
- Your notifications
- Your, or a friend’s, activity feed
- Your news feed
Once you get to the game, and after you click “Get Started”, Facebook will ask you to accept the app. Doing this will allow you to pass a can to a friend and have a more robust social-gaming experience.
- Select a crushing method to recycle your can.
- Click crush.
- Watch as your can is crushed. Your face will appear on the can as a testament to your commitment to keeping our world clean and green.
- Pass your can to a friend.
Cans on Facebook
Your Facebook profile will still engage with the app even after you pass a can. You’ll receive a notification if:
- You pass a can to a friend.
- A friend has interacted with a can you’ve already passed.
- A can you pass earns a badge.
Passing the can is only part of the game. Alcoa keeps track of your can as it’s passed from place to place. Each time it reaches a new level of intercantinental travel you’ll receive a notification letting you know where it has been.
How to Get Your Badges
If you receive a badge, a number will appear next to "Requests" on the left of your news feed.
- Go to the App Center on the left side of your news feed.
- Once in the App Center, go to “Requests” to claim your badge(s).
How to Make a Difference
Spread the Wealth
For the first 75,000 passes, Alcoa Foundation will contribute $1, per pass, to a few of the world’s most deserving conservation organizations for their recycling efforts.