Go Farther in Extended Reach Drilling (ERD) Applications with Alcoa.
Because of its inherently high strength-to-weight ratio, advanced Alcoa Aluminum Alloy Drill Pipe (AADP) provides a productive and cost-efficient solution to the challenges of Extended Reach Drilling. Whether employed in an all-aluminum string or in a mixed aluminum-steel string, Alcoa aluminum drill pipe delivers a number of benefits that can contribute to your success in even the most challenging ERD application:
- Up to 50% reduction in drill string wet weight
- Faster drilling operation, reduced drilling costs
- Increased rig capacity
- Reduced off-bottom torque; 20 – 30% reduction in torque and drag
- Reduced total stretch
- Improved over pull operating margin
- Available in 4”, 4-1/2”, 5”, 5-1/2”, 5-7/8”, and 6-5/8” diameters to accommodate a wide range of drilling applications
Alcoa’s best-in-class drill pipe performance means you can drill deeper, drill faster, and drill more efficiently – often without upgrading your current rig floor equipment, or sacrificing reliability. In addition, transportation is easier and more efficient because of aluminum’s lighter weight.