1 January, 1955
Könnyűfémmű gets into Hungarian property.
Second period of investment.
The goal is to assure 10,000 Metric tons producing capacity, and to employ 966 workers at the end of the development. Beside technological expansion, worker hostels and company owned flats are built as well.
Within the compass of Hungarian-Soviet Intergovernmental Agreement, Soviet Union grants a long-term credit for developing Könnyűfémmű in 2 steps.
First period of factory development.
- Area of the company is extended by 27 hectares,
- A new ingot plant is built,
- A new extrusion plant is built,
- Recirculation water systems are made
- Establish a raw-water pipe at Rákhegy.
15 November, 1962
Signing of Hungarian-Soviet Alumina -Aluminum Agreement
1965 - 1971
Factory development period #2
- Slab casting department of the ingot plant is built (50,000 Metric tons/Year),
- Wide-gage rolling-mill is completed (60,000 Metric tons/Year),
- Extrusion plant is further improved,
- Proto-type workshop is improved,
- New boiler-room, doctor’s office, etc.
Factory development period #3
- Acquisition of wide-gage rolling-mill supplementary and quality-improving equipment
- New bay to the extrusion plant, press-revamping
- Ingot 365
- Rolling-mill 764
- Extrusion 650
- Finished goods 171
- Shipment 118
- Maintenance 455
- Energy 249
1975 - 1983
Factory development period #4:
The goal is to produce 100,000 Metric tons of rolled products; 50,000 Metric tons of extruded products and 2,000 Metric tons of forged products. Parts of the investment are:
- New rolling-mill hall
- New melting-holding-casting furnace
- Improvement of finishing equipment in the ingot plant
- New cold-mill line and revamping of the existing ones
- New high-powered slab pre-heating furnaces
- New extrusion hall, press-improvement
- Anodizing plant, etc.