IV. Activity Permits
Yadkin may authorize certain other activities to be carried out in the reservoir, along the shoreline, or on the Yadkin-Managed Buffer by issuing a written construction or activity permit. Other than public recreational use of the Project reservoirs through public access areas, any non-Project uses or activities on Project lands or waters, or any private use of or access across the Yadkin-Managed Buffer, requires a written permit from Yadkin, and may not commence until the permit is written. Some of the activities for which adjoining property owners most often request a permit are summarized below and discussed in more detail later in this Policy. Yadkin reserves the right to refuse to grant an activity permit in the event the adjoining property owner has not complied with this Policy. Permit applications may be obtained by contacting Yadkin at 1-888-886-1063 or (704) 422-5678 or by writing to Alcoa Power Generating Inc., Yadkin Division, Post Office Box 576, Badin, North Carolina 28009.
If a construction or activity permit is issued, all work must be done in compliance with the terms of the permit, this Policy, and other applicable Yadkin policies, procedures, and requirements. The applicant is responsible for correcting or removing any unauthorized activity or structures. Permits are of limited duration and are terminable by Yadkin in accordance with their terms. Changing conditions or other factors may lead Yadkin to refuse to renew an activity permit or to terminate an activity permit.
The following activities always require a written permit from Yadkin:
- Construction — construction or modification (reconstruction, repairs, additions, or expansion) of any structures, roads, or access pathways in the reservoirs, along the shoreline within the Project Boundary, or on the Yadkin-Managed Buffer.
- Shoreline Stabilization — construction, installation, or modification of riprap, retaining walls, or other forms of shoreline stabilization measures, including shoreline plantings.
- Shoreline Alteration (Excavation and Fill) — removal, addition, or alteration of any natural features of the Project reservoirs, the shoreline within the Project Boundary, and the Yadkin-Managed Buffer, including sediment, soil and rock.
- Vegetation Removal — removal of any vegetation, living or dead, in the reservoirs, along the shoreline within the Project Boundary, or on the Yadkin-Managed Buffer.
- Shoreline Clean-up — removal of dead or fallen trees, “lap trees,” or other woody or natural debris that exists in the reservoirs, along the shoreline within the Project Boundary, or on the Yadkin-Managed Buffer.
- Private Irrigation Systems — installation of new systems or transfer of existing irrigation systems.
- Vegetative Plantings — planting of any vegetation, including but not limited to shrubs, hedges, flowering plants, native vegetation, etc., in the reservoirs, along the shoreline within the Project Boundary, or the Yadkin-Managed Buffer.
Removal of floating debris and shoreline litter such as floating logs, paper, plastic, and other unnatural forms of garbage or debris, and the removal of trees or driftwood that poses an imminent threat to life or property do not require Yadkin approval as long as the method of removal complies with the other requirements of this Policy.