A Permit from Alcoa-Yadkin is required for:
Any new installations or activities including but not limited to:
- Structures, roads or access pathways in the reservoirs, along the shoreline, or on the Yadkin-Managed Buffer.
- Shoreline stabilization
- Excavation and fill
- Private irrigation systems
- Electrical installations
- Vegetative plantings in the reservoirs, along the shoreline, or on the Yadkin-Managed Buffer.
Modifying an existing pier, or other facilities or activities:
- Any reconstruction, additions, or expansions of an existing pier, other facilities or activities
- Any installation of canvas boat covers over existing slips
- Any installation of boat lifts
- Any electrical installations
- Any removal or alteration of any vegetation, living or dead, in the reservoirs, along the shoreline, or on the Yadkin-Managed Buffer.
Repairing an existing pier, or other facilities or activities:
- Any repair requiring a county building permit (It is the Permittee’s responsibility to contact the county building inspections department for information on when a county building permit is required.)
- Any structural repairs to existing piers or boat houses (replacing or repairing joists, posts, or other structural elements)
- Any repairs of existing launch ramps
- Any repairing or refacing existing shoreline stabilization
A permit from Alcoa-Yadkin is not required for:
Maintaining an existing pier or existing boat house:
- Repairing or replacing:o Decking or planks
- Non-structural roofing material
- Plastic encased floatation devices
- Bumpers, wailers or reflectors
- Installation of X-Bracing
As long as the maintenance is performed in accordance with Yadkin’s Specifications and any applicable building code.
- Removal of floating debris, litter, and trash provided the method of removal complies with the requirements of the Shoreline Stewardship Policy
Yadkin has endeavored to make this Table clear and useable for adjoining property owners. However, from time to time there may be questions regarding interpretation of the Table or matters not specifically addressed by the Table. These will be resolved by Yadkin giving due consideration to the requirements of and the underlying goals reflected in Yadkin’s Specifications For Private Recreation Facilities, the Shoreline Stewardship Policy and Yadkin’s Shoreline Management Plan (SMP) approved by FERC on November 9, 2000 and applicable county permitting requirements. If you have any questions, please contact a Yadkin representative at 1-888-886-1063 or 704-422-5680.