Alcoa Titanium & Engineered Products is a leader in the design and building of custom-shaped titanium components and specialty metals parts and assemblies for the defense industry. Depending on the application, we have the equipment, technology and processing capabilities to produce a wide variety of specialty metals and titanium components and assemblies, such as bulkheads, APU covers and assemblies, aircraft structures, flight control surfaces, engine manifolds and access doors to name a few.
These assemblies and parts are integrated into vital aerospace platforms such as the F-35, F-22, F-18, F-15, F-16 and A400M military aircraft. Non-aerospace applications include land-, air- and sea-based radar integrated structures, missile and launch components and assemblies as well as the M777 Howitzer, AIM-9X missiles and Navy ship landing tracks. All parts and titanium components are manufactured to the most stringent defense requirements, specifications and processes.
For individual specialty metals parts and titanium components, our processes include:
- Forming — Hot brake forming with single radius/bend, hot forming with single and multiple radius/bends and contour and super plastic forming with single and multiple radius/bends and draws/depth.
- Machining — 3-, 4- and 5-axis machining of a wide variety of materials. Additional processes include honing, drilling, milling single and multiple contours and hole locations with varying hole diameter sizes.
- Extrusion — Extrude shapes as well as hollows from 1 inch to 19 inches in diameter, hot-stretch forming and hot-stretch straightening.
Additionally, ATEP offers value-added services such as:
- Kitting — Bundling and consolidation of parts and components provides a kitted solution for customers to have all parts ready to go in their assembly lines.
- Assemblies and Sub-Assemblies — From a sub-assembly to put together a given part made up of several components or full assembly of components for a larger solution to reduce time for customers in their assembly process.
- Inventory Management — Implement a minimum/maximum system to ensure that a customer carries a minimum amount of inventory at their location and has the confidence that components are ready and available to meet their changing demands.
For a better understanding of how ATEP can assist with titanium components and specialty metals parts needs, contact us today.