Go Farther, Go Deeper, Faster with Alcoa.
Alcoa aluminum alloy drill pipe meets the needs of a number of deepwater/deep drilling applications. This advanced pipe is available in 4”,
4-1/2”, 5”, 5-1/2”, 5-7/8”, and 6-5/8” sizes and can be used in both all-aluminum strings or in combination steel-aluminum configurations. Combining high strength with 1/2 the weight of steel pipe, Alcoa aluminum drill pipe will reduce both deck weight and drill string weight adding to the depth capacity of any offshore rig. And it is proven valuable in drilling highly complex and deviated wells.
This advanced aluminum drill pipe can add to the success and cost effectiveness of a deepwater drilling effort in a number of ways.
- Up to 50% reduction in drill string wet weight
- Faster drilling operation, reduced drilling costs
- Increased rig capacity – whether jack-up, semi-submersible, or drill ship
- Reduced off-bottom torque; 20 – 30% reduction in torque and drag
- Reduced total stretch
- Improved over pull operating margin