Certain statements on this website by Alcoa relate to future events and expectations and, as such, constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements can be identified by the use of predictive, future-tense, or forward-looking terminology, such as “anticipates,” “believes,” “estimates,” “expects,” “forecasts,” “hopes,” “intends,” “may,” “outlook,” “projects,” “should,” “targets,” “will,” or other similar expressions. All statements that reflect Alcoa’s expectations, assumptions, or projections about the future other than statements of historical fact are forward-looking statements, including, without limitation, forecasts concerning aluminum industry growth, aluminum end-market demand or other trend projections, anticipated financial results or operating performance, and statements about Alcoa’s strategies, objectives, goals, targets, outlook, and business and financial prospects. Forward-looking statements are subject to a number of known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors that may cause Alcoa’s actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements and are not guarantees of future performance. Alcoa disclaims any intention or obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statements, whether in response to new information, future events, or otherwise, except as required by applicable law.
Some of the important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements include: (i) material adverse changes in aluminum industry conditions generally, including global supply and demand conditions for aluminum, alumina, and aluminum products; (ii) fluctuations in commodity prices, especially London Metal Exchange-based prices and premiums, as applicable, for primary aluminum, alumina, and other products, and fluctuations in index-based and spot prices for alumina; (iii) current global economic and financial market conditions generally, including uncertainties regarding the strength or sustainability of the economic recovery and the effects of government intervention into the markets to address economic conditions; (iv) unfavorable changes in the key markets served by Alcoa, including the automotive and commercial transportation, aerospace, building and construction, distribution, packaging, industrial gas turbine, oil and gas, defense, and other markets; (v) the impact of changes in foreign currency exchange rates on Alcoa’s costs and results, particularly the Australian dollar, Brazilian real, Canadian dollar, euro and Norwegian kroner, as some important raw materials are purchased in other currencies while products are generally sold in U.S. dollars; (vi) significant increases in power or energy costs, including electricity, natural gas, and fuel oil, or interruption or unavailability of energy supplies for Alcoa’s operations; (vii) significant increases in the costs of other raw materials, including carbon products, caustic soda, and other key inputs, as well as freight costs associated with transportation of raw materials to refining and smelting locations; (viii) Alcoa’s inability to achieve the level of revenue growth, cost savings, cash generation, improvement in profitability and margins, fiscal discipline, or strengthening of operations or competitiveness (including moving its alumina refining and aluminum smelting businesses down on the industry cost curves and increasing revenues in its Global Rolled Products and Engineered Products and Solutions segments) anticipated from its restructuring programs and cash sustainability, productivity improvement, technology and other initiatives; (ix) Alcoa’s inability to successfully implement or realize expected benefits from its sale of non-core assets, its growth projects in Brazil, China, Russia, and other countries, or its joint ventures and strategic alliances, in each case as planned, within budget and by targeted completion dates, including, without limitation, the expansion of auto and aluminum lithium capacities, the joint venture with Ma’aden for the development, construction, ownership, and operation of an integrated bauxite mine, alumina refinery, aluminum smelter, and rolling mill in Saudi Arabia, and the proposed joint venture in Russia for the manufacture of high-end titanium and aluminum products for the aerospace industry; (x) further downgrades in Alcoa's credit ratings, material increases in Alcoa’s cost of borrowing, or an inability to access the credit or capital markets; (xi) political, economic, and regulatory risks in the countries in which Alcoa operates or sells products, including changes in interest rates, unfavorable changes in laws and governmental policies, civil unrest and other events beyond Alcoa’s control; (xii) legal compliance risks, including potential claims relating to product liability, health and safety, environmental matters, intellectual property rights, government contracts, taxes, and compliance with U.S. and foreign export laws, anti-bribery laws, competition laws, and sales and trading practices; (xiii) outcomes of contingencies, including significant legal proceedings or government investigations adverse to Alcoa, and environmental remediation matters; (xiv) changes in tax rates and benefits and tax expense and exposure, including changes in the valuation of deferred tax assets and liabilities; (xv) uncertainties regarding the impact of climate change, climate change regulations, or greenhouse effects; (xvi) changes in relationships with, or in the financial or business condition of, customers, suppliers, and business partners; (xvii) effects of cyber attacks and security breaches on the integrity of Alcoa’s information systems, trade secrets and intellectual property, and other company-sensitive data, including potential disruption to Alcoa’s business operations or reputational harm; (xviii) changes in competitive conditions, including actions by competitors, developments in technology, and developments in products, including impacts on customer acceptance of aluminum in substitution for competing materials; (xix) declines in the rate used to discount future estimated liabilities and expenses for pensions and other post-retirement benefits or in investment returns on plan assets, or changes in employee workforce assumptions used for such estimates; (xx) Alcoa’s inability to attract and retain skilled executives and staff with relevant industry and technical experience, whether due to skills shortages in engineering, technical service, construction or other labor market inadequacies or other reasons; (xxi) factors affecting Alcoa’s operations, such as equipment outages, labor disputes, supply disruptions, or other unexpected events; and (xxii) the other risk factors summarized in Alcoa’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2013 and other SEC reports.
Alcoa Inc. ("Alcoa") and its subsidiaries and affiliates maintain this website for your information, education, and communication. Unless otherwise indicated, you may download material displayed on this website for noncommercial, personal use only, provided you also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials. You may not, however, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, repost, or use the content of this website for public or commercial purposes, including any data, text, images, audio, or video without the prior written permission of Alcoa. Certain sections of this website may contain additional restrictions as to use or access. Use of this website and access to the material it contains are subject to the following terms and conditions as well as to all applicable laws. Your access to and browsing of the website constitutes your full acceptance of these terms and conditions:
- Unless otherwise stated, all materials on this website are protected by copyright. They may only be used with the prior written permission of Alcoa, as set forth in these Terms and Conditions, or in the text on this website. Alcoa does not warrant that your use of information or graphics displayed on this website will not infringe the rights of third parties who are not related to Alcoa.
- Information on this website may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Information may be changed or updated without notice. Alcoa or its subsidiaries and affiliates may also make improvements and/or changes in the products described in this information at any time without notice.
- Everything on this website is provided to you "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Alcoa and its affiliates also assume no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in this website or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from it.
- Alcoa and its subsidiaries and affiliates (herein "Alcoa") make no representation whatsoever about any other website which you may access through this one. When you access a website, please understand that it is independent from Alcoa, and that Alcoa has no control over the content on that website. In addition, a link to a non-Alcoa website is not an indication that Alcoa endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or the use, of such website. IN NO EVENT WILL ALCOA BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY OR FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER FOR ANY USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR OF ANY OTHER HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA ON YOUR INFORMATION HANDLING SYSTEM OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ALCOA IS EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- Alcoa does not want to receive confidential or proprietary information from you through this website. Please note that any information or material sent to Alcoa through any link provided on this website will be deemed NOT to be confidential. By thus sending Alcoa any information or material, you irrevocably grant Alcoa an unrestricted, worldwide license to use, distribute, display, reproduce, perform, modify, and transmit those materials or information, and you also agree that Alcoa is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques that you send us for any purpose. If you want to have your confidential or proprietary information considered by Alcoa you will need to first sign a Non-confidentiality Agreement before the information will be viewed by a technical person at Alcoa. To obtain a Non-confidentiality Agreement, write to IPLD - Unsolicited Ideas, Alcoa Technical Center, 100 Technical Drive, Alcoa Center, PA, 15069.
- Throughout this website you will find a number of trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively the "Marks"). The Marks are registered and unregistered trademarks of Alcoa and others. Those trademarks followed by ¨ are registered trademarks in the United States; all others are trademarks in the United States. Nothing contained on this website should be construed as granting any license or right to use any such Mark displayed on the website without the written permission of Alcoa or such third party that may own the Marks displayed. Any questions concerning the use of Marks or whether a name is in fact a trademark of Alcoa should be referred to e-mail address:Email.