Alcoa Korea History
Alcoa implemented the first base in Korea for the purpose of supplying the aluminum fabrication products, packing and consumer products in 1997. In 2002, Alcoa acquired Dooray Air Metals Company of Changwon, a manufacturer of hard alloy aluminum extrusions for industrial, transportation, defense and aerospace applications.
By combining this local presence with Alcoa’s global resources, we provide customers with leading-edge technology, expertise and integrated solutions for a wide range of products.
- ALCOA acquired the DOORAY AIR METALS Co., Ltd on Feb. 28
- Authorized as the defense company change by the government
- Approved aircraft aluminum extrusion Mfg process change from Bell Helicopter Textron Inc.
- Approved aircraft aluminum cast & extrusion Mfg process change from Boeing Company
- Obtained LR(Lloyd’s Register IACS Member) certificate for 5083
- Approved as Embraer manufacturer for 46parts including MP 1.1.002(PE 11002-27)
- Acquired AS9100 Certification for aluminum alloy extrusion
- Acquired the ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 Certifications
- Obtained ABS(American Bureau of Shipping IACS Member) for 6061, 5083, 5086, 5454, 5456
- Obtained GL(Gemanischer Lloyd IACS Member) for 2618 forging casting billet
- Obtained LR (Lloyd’s Register IACS Member) for 2618 forging casting billet