Jamalco's Commitment to Sustainability
At Alcoa, sustainability is defined as using our Values to build financial success, environmental excellence, and social responsibility through partnerships in order to deliver net long-term benefits to our shareowners, employees, customers, suppliers, and the communities in which we operate.
Our commitment to sustainability has a long history and is evident every day-from the way we live our Values to our strategic framework for sustainability supported by clear targets for measuring progress towards achievement of Alcoa’s Vision for 2020.
- Supporting the growth of customer businesses.
- Standing among the industrial companies in the first quintile of return on capital among Standard & Poor's Industrials Index.
- Elimination of all injuries and work-related illnesses and the elimination of waste.
- Integration of environment, health, and safety with manufacturing.
- Products designed for the environment.
- Environment, Health, and Safety as a core Value.
- An incident-free workplace (an incident is any unpredicted event with capacity to harm human health, the environment, or physical property).
- Increased transparency and closer collaboration in community-based environmental, health, and safety initiatives.