Career Opportunities at Jamalco
Join our team!
Jamalco offers a wide range of career opportunities within Jamaica as well as the potential for career growth within our global parent company, Alcoa. We are always in search of diverse, talented people who can contribute and share in our success.
At Jamalco, we offer the opportunity to make a difference in a values-based organization. We focus on exceeding customer expectations. Sustaining this level of performance depends upon fostering a corporate culture where people are passionate about contributing their ideas, interacting with others and taking risks and responsibility. We believe the key to our future is our people.
Are you looking for challenge in an innovative international environment? Become part of the Jamalco workforce!
Who do we hire?
Jamalco hires people whose talents and energy can make them tomorrow's motivating leaders. We look for people who can live our values and thrive in our corporate culture. We have a preference to hire Jamaicans and specific requirements vary from position to position. For most professional roles we seek individuals who:
- Thrive on change and challenge
- Work independently with little supervision
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Are results oriented
- Express creativity and innovative ideas
- Collaborate well with others and work effectively in a team environment
- Continuously develop themselves and business processes
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Immediately impact the business in a positive manner
Alcoa and Jamalco are committed to fostering a safe and enjoyable work environment. We are proud to offer our employees an extensive benefits package. Career opportunities include:
- Business administration and management
- Engineering including electrical, environmental, industrial, material, mechanical, and process backgrounds
- Quality assurance
- Finance, accounting and procurement
- Human resources, industrial relations and organizational development
- Information services and technology
- Environmental management
- Public Affairs