Joint Performance Data in 2024-T3 Aluminum
LGPL18SC-V MIL-HDBK5 Lap Shear Data
Static joint Strength of LGPL18-V/LGPL2SC-V Titanium Flush head Lockbolt Fasteners in machined countersinks Aluminum Alloy Sheet and Plate. Data taken from
(Note: Data shown under part number LGPL2SC -V. LGPL18SC-V is a close tolerance head version of the same product)
(1) (a) Fasteners aluminum coated per NAS4006.
(2) (b) Test specimen hole size from .0005" interference to .0005" clearance.
(3) (c) Fastener shear strength based on area computed from shank nominal diameter.
(4) (d) Yield load is less than 2/3 of indicated ultimate strength.
(5) Ultimate values above double line are knife-edge condition and the use of fasteners in this condition is undesirable.
(6) Permanent set at yield load; 4% of nominal diameter.