Alcoa Inc. ("Alcoa") is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. Please read the following to understand how your personal information will be treated.
From time to time, Alcoa may make changes to this privacy statement to reflect changes in its business or to serve you better. Alcoa will use reasonable efforts to publish any such changes in the privacy statement, such as posting on this website. You should review this policy periodically to inform yourself of any changes. Please note the date of the policy below, so that you know when it was last updated. Users are bound by the then-current version of this privacy statement.
Alcoa protects your privacy on alcoa.com through these basic principles:
- You will be advised when Alcoa is collecting information about you or your online preferences and expectations and it will be made clear how that information is to be used.
- You will be able to choose whether or not you want to provide that information. If you choose not to provide some information, for example to enable confirmation of credit status, it may not be possible for you to proceed with your chosen business activity with Alcoa.
- Any information collected about you will be secure and not shared with any third parties, unless you give prior permission for that information to be shared. However, Alcoa may have to disclose personally identifiable information it considers necessary in order to comply with court orders, subpoenas, governmental or law enforcement requests, or to a third party to which ownership of Alcoa is transferred via an acquisition, merger, sale of assets, etc. Information may be shared with and transferred to Alcoa affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers, but only when necessary to fulfill your request. We maintain safeguards to protect your personal information from unauthorized or inappropriate access. We restrict access to your information to those who need to know the information in order to respond to your request.
- When providing personal information to us in order to initiate a credit card transaction, we use 18-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect your online order information. When you enter this information on one of our websites, your personal information and credit card information is encrypted and sent directly to a credit card processor for verification and processing. You will need to provide us with your credit card information at the time of each credit card transaction you initiate, as Alcoa does not receive nor retain this information.
- In the event that personal information is retained following the completion of your request, Alcoa will maintain a process for changing or having such information deleted. To update your information or request that it be deleted, please contact us at the address listed below. Be sure to include your name and clear instructions regarding any change to your personal information or if you would like us to delete you from our database. In the event you choose to delete your personal information from our database, we will retain a record of such information as well as your request for deletion as evidence of our compliance with this privacy statement.
- Alcoa's website may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the content, security, or privacy practices employed by other sites. You will be informed when linking to an external site.
- For the most part, you can visit this website without revealing any information about yourself. Our web servers do not collect e-mail addresses unless you provide it to us. We do collect the domain name from which the connection originates. This information is used in the aggregate to measure pages viewed, the amount of time spent on the site and the number of visits. We use this information to improve the contents of our website.
- This website is not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not solicit or encourage the transmission of information from or about children.
- International visitors to the Alcoa site should be aware that personal information may be transferred to computers in the United States or other locations in order to fulfill your request.
201 Isabella Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Because Alcoa offers a wide range of online business opportunities for its customers, the amount of information Alcoa needs to collect in order to serve you in a particular business transaction will sometimes vary from case to case. Regardless of the amount of information collected, the principles listed above will apply. Wherever Alcoa collects personal information, you will find a link to an Alcoa privacy statement. If you choose not to provide some information, for example to enable confirmation of credit status or contact information to permit sending you requested information, it may not be possible for you to proceed with your chosen business activity with Alcoa.
In order to improve our site, we utilize "cookies" to maintain a record of your visit. A cookie is a small amount of data that is transferred to a web browser by a web server and can only be read by the server that gave it to you. This information does not identify you personally and you remain anonymous unless you have otherwise provided Alcoa with personal identifiable information. If you do not wish to accept cookies you will find instructions for disabling this function within your browser.
Alcoa’s Safe Harbor Privacy Principles
download [PDF, 523KB]