Environment, Health and Safety
We work safely, promote wellness, and protect the environment.
It is Alcoa’s policy to operate worldwide in a safe, responsible manner which respects the environment and the health of our employees, our customers and the communities where we operate. We will not compromise environmental, health or safety values for profit or production.
All Alcoans are expected to understand, promote and assist in the implementation of this Policy and the accompanying Principles.
- We value human life above all else and manage risks accordingly.
- We relentlessly pursue and continually improve EHS systems and processes to achieve an EHS incident-free workplace.
- We do not compromise our EHS Value for profit or production.
- We comply with all laws and set higher standards for ourselves and our suppliers where unacceptable risks are identified.
- We support pollution prevention and sustainable development by incorporating social responsibility, economic success, and environmental excellence into our decision-making process.
- We measure and assess our performance and are open and transparent in our communications.
- We supply and use safe and reliable products and services.
- We use our knowledge to enhance the safety and well-being of our communities.
- We are all accountable for conforming with and deploying our EHS Value and Principles.