Ethics and Compliance
We expect every Alcoan in every part of the world to bring our Vision & Values to work every day. To help them do this, we have established an Ethics and Compliance Program that includes globally published workplace standards, a global education program to put them into practice, and a global Ethics and Compliance Line that gives employees and other concerned parties an anonymous channel for asking questions, expressing concerns, and raising issues about workplace activities and business practices. These tools are being made available to Alcoa employees worldwide in 21 languages, with local toll-free compliance lines answered in the caller's native language.
Global Ethics and Compliance Line Numbers and Documents
Key Points from Alcoa's Guide to Business Conduct
- No one may ask any employee to break the law, or go against company values, policies and procedures.
- We treat all employees fairly.
- We do not tolerate any form of harassment.
- Personal employee information is handled and protected according to applicable laws.
- Information is provided to perform jobs in a safe manner.
- Employees must not use, bring, or transfer weapons or illegal drugs on company property.
- Employees should report suspicious people and activities.
- Avoid conflicts of interest and identify situations where they may occur.
- Do not accept or give gifts, favors, or entertainment if it is against the law or appears to obligate the person who receives it.
- Use and supply only safe, reliable products and services.
- Respect our competitors and do not use unfair business practices to hurt our competition.
- Do not have formal or informal discussions with our competitors on prices, markets or products, or production and inventory levels.
- Gather, protect and use competitor, supplier and customer information properly.
- Manufacture and produce products according to contract specifications.
- Market our products and services in an honest and fair manner.
- Do not compromise our values to make a profit.
- Do not use inside information about the company for personal profit. Do not give such information to others.
- Do not use company resources for personal gain or any non-business purpose.
- Label and protect confidential and proprietary information.
- Do not use company resources to send, receive, access, or save electronic information that is sexually explicit, promotes hate, violence, gambling, illegal drugs, or the illegal purchase or use of weapons.
- Do not make false, misleading or incomplete entries into the company's books or records.
- Follow all laws, regulations, and company policies that apply to your work.
- Do not give money or anything of value to government officials to influence their decisions.
- We measure and assess our performance, and are open and clear in our environmental communications.
- Provide only accurate and truthful information about Alcoa to external agencies or authorities.
- When Alcoa's standards are higher than what is required by local law, we meet the higher standards.