May 26, 2011
Alcoa Foundation Exhibition ”Ecological Brainfood“ in the public library Hildesheim
Ecological Brainfood is an ecological project organized by the Public Library Hildesheim which took place from October 2010 to May 2011. It is supported by Alcoa Foundation and is offering extensive environmental education for pupils of the age group 6 to 16.
It was the target of the project to create awareness for environmental subjects of especially young people with the help of environmental workshops among other events. Altogether 63 classes with 1239 pupils in the age group 6 to 17 participated at the workshops in the public library. The subjects were: “All about chocolate”, “Is paper growing on trees?”, ”Trend drinks – what is the contents, what is it all about?“, and “Cell phones”.
The teachers who participated were especially impressed by the training approach and the group dynamics.
As of Friday, May 27, an exhibition is displaying the results of the Ecological Brainfood project in the library.
The following events were also offered by the library within the scope of the project:
- A sweater made out of air for the Earth
- Nothing works here without water
- Thunderstorm and fire-breather
- On the track of energy guzzlers and power consumers
A hands-on show featuring Christoph Biemann from the TV show „Sendung mit der Maus“
A hands-on exhibition to touch and try
- The human being as consumer
- A special tour of the town with environmental aspects organized by JANUN e.V
- Workshop with regard to waste I
- Workshop with regard to waste II
Created by City of Hildesheim on May 26, 2011 (Internet Editorial Department)