Alcoa Earthwatch Fellowship Program
For over a decade, Alcoa Foundation has partnered with the Earthwatch Institute to sponsor fully-funded opportunities for Alcoa employees to participate in ecological research projects around the world. Alcoa Earthwatch Fellows work alongside researchers, finding solutions to some of the biggest environmental challenges of our time.
- Expeditions are one-week long and Fellows will not have to use vacation time to participate
- Alcoa-only team helps build connections across the company
- 8 Alcoa employees selected as Fellows
- Innovative learning programs to bridge field research with Alcoa's commitment to sustainability
- Research projects offered in English and French
All full-time Alcoa employees, both salaried and non-salaried, are eligible to apply for an Earthwatch fellowship. You must have supervisor approval before applying.
The deadline to apply is March 10, 2017.
This year employees have the chance to work as field assistants on critically important scientific research expeditions, focusing on issues of global importance to Alcoa and our communities. Participant expenses, including coach class travel, are paid by the program.
This year's expedition is linked to climate change sustainability at the following site:
- Canada: Churchill Northern Studies Center – September 10-16
Read the Earthwatch Diaries Blog