Alcoa Howmet is a global leader in airfoil and structural investment castings. Our products provide longer engine life and increased efficiency.
We cast high-strength nickel and cobalt superalloys that withstand hostile engine environments. Alcoa Howmet has developed and implemented advanced manufacturing methods to consistently produce single-crystal grain structures resulting in the strongest, high-temperature engine components possible. Additionally, our advanced coatings improve longevity and create the most durable engine components available today.
- Aero engine airfoils (single crystal, directionally solidified and equiax)
- Aero engine components (rotors, stators, vane rings, manifolds, gear boxes)
- Airframe structures and structural components (yokes, nose caps)
- Complex castings
- Hot isostatic pressing
- Airfoil machining
- Specialty coatings
- Thin-wall casting
- Castings diameter up to 62
- Integrated design-to-delivery services offer significant weight and cycle-time savings in configurations that alternative manufacturing methods cannot match
- World leader in single-crystal castings
- Co-engineering capability
- Customers typically experience cost savings exceeding 50 percent with Alcoa’s monolithic castings
- Vacuum arc remelting (VAR) and induction skull remelting (ISR) casting methods eliminate titanium contamination