Environment, health and safety (EHS) policy
We work safely in a manner that protects and promotes the health and well-being of the individual and the environment.
It is Alcoa’s policy to operate worldwide in a safe, responsible manner that respects the environment and the health of our employees, our customers and the communities where we operate.
We will not compromise environmental, health or safety values for profit or production.
- We value human life above all else and manage risks accordingly.
- We relentlessly pursue and continually improve our EHS systems and processes to achieve an EHS incident-free workplace.
- We do not compromise our EHS value for profit or production.
- We comply with all laws and set higher standards for ourselves and our suppliers where unacceptable risks are identified.
- We support pollution prevention and sustainable development by incorporating social responsibility, economic success and environmental excellence into our decision-making process.
- We measure and assess our performance and are open and transparent in our communications.
- We supply and use safe and reliable products and services.
- We use our knowledge to enhance the safety and well-being of our communities.
- We are all accountable for complying with and putting into practice our EHS values and principles.