After having confirmed the eligibility of your project, fill out the proper grant application or contact your regional representative.
Located outside Canada?
Find a contact at the Alcoa location nearest you by using our Worldwide Locations tool.
Grant application and reporting
Follow these instructions to obtain additional information and apply for a grant or sponsorship from Alcoa Foundation.
If you represent a Canadian organization, follow these four steps to submit an application:
1) Ensure your organization and project are located in a community where Alcoa is present.
2) Confirm the eligibility of your organization or project.
3) Ensure that your project complies with our Giving Guidelines and that it reflects at least one of Alcoa Foundation’s two Areas of Focus.
4) Select the grant program under which you will submit your application and complete the corresponding form:
What is an ACTION program?
Submitting an application for the ACTION program does not guarantee funding from Alcoa or Alcoa Foundation.
If you have any questions, please contact the Foundation representative for your area.
Processing a grant or sponsorship application
- Applications for grants of $15,000 or less are reviewed every month. Organizations may submit an application at any time. A response is issued to applicants between 8 and 10 weeks following reception of their application.
- Applications for grants of $15,000 or more and applications for ACTION programs must be submitted before December 31 of any given year. They will be sent to the local Community Advisory Committee for review during the first quarter of the year. Applicants will receive a response in early spring.
Reporting guidelines for grants awarded since 2010
In 2010, Alcoa Foundation implemented a new system to measure and communicate the impact, at every stage, of its commitments to Alcoa communities. Recipients of grants of $15,000 or more since 2010 have been required to submit on-line interim and final grant reports. These reports enable us to maintain a dialogue with our partners, follow their achievements, and better understand their innovative and promising initiatives and practices. Using this new impact measurement system, 18 of our partners were able to submit follow-up reports in 2011.
Reporting guidelines for grants awarded prior to 2010
Recipients of Alcoa Foundation grants prior to 2010 are required to provide reports that demonstrate project performance and financial accountability. These reports serve both as a permanent record of the organization’s achievements and a learning tool for Alcoa Foundation. The information provided in these reports will add to our understanding about promising initiatives and practices.
Post-grant reports must be submitted by Alcoa Foundation grant recipients (not those receiving Alcoa Inc. grants) according to the schedule provided in the organization's grant commitment letter. Depending on the type of grant received, one of the following forms must be submitted.
All grant recipients must send their completed report by e-mail to the Alcoa contact in their community. Follow these instructions for more information or to apply for an Alcoa Foundation grant or sponsorship.