Home & Commercial Building Supplies
: Sun Control Products :
InLighten™ Light Shelf
InLighten™ Light Shelf
- Economical, lightweight and easy to install
- Extruded aluminum chassis system and Reynobond® Aluminum Composite Material (ACM) or translucent Polycarbonate panel options
Kawneer has rewritten the energy saving value equation for its architectural light shelf by using minimalist design principles. The result is a flexible and versatile solution that helps reduce the need for artificial lighting and increase energy savings in a building. At the core of their functionality, architectural light shelves are designed to reflect sunlight deeper into the interior of a building by "bouncing" natural light up to the ceiling and have been proven to reduce perimeter lighting requirements and enhance the occupant experience.
InLighten™ leverages minimal material content, sightlines, weight, installation and maintenance efforts, all while maximizing value, daylighting and design options.
InLighten™ features an extruded aluminum chassis system and offers several panel choices. The availability of depths of up to 30" (762 mm) allows you to maximize the overall reflective surface area. The light shelf also incorporates a tilt feature for easy cleaning of the top reflective panel surface.
The ability to attach InLighten™ to multiple Kawneer curtain wall and storefront framing systems makes it a perfect candidate for either new or retrofit projects.
- Attaches to multiple Kawneer Curtain Wall and Storefront systems*
- Available in depths up to a maximum size of 30 inches (762mm)
- Reynobond® (4mm) thick aluminum composite material or translucent polycarbonate panel, (4mm/16mm) thick panel options are standard
- Innovative design allows panels to be tilted for care and cleaning
- Simplified installation and panel hanging operation
- Standardized corner design creates seamless product visual without sacrificing performance
- Designed to avoid interference with installation or operation of typical window treatments
- Thoroughly engineered using advanced finite element analysis (FEA) modeling techniques and physical testing
- Qualifies for up to three LEED categories
- Extruded components can be painted or anodized
- Ideal for improving daylighting in Schools, Hospitals, Retail Locations, Offices, Banks, and Restaurants
- Can be applied to both new or retrofit projects
*NOTE - COMPATIBLE SYSTEMS:
- Curtain wall system mounting mullion with face width of 2” (51 mm) or greater and wall thickness greater than 0.080” (2 mm).
- Center or Front Set Storefront system with single piece tubular mounting mullion, with face width of 2” (51 mm) or greater and mounting mullion wall thickness greater than 0.080” (2 mm).
Viewing documents in PDF format requires Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is available as a free download from the Adobe Web site.