We work with safety and in such a way as to protect and promote the health and well-being of people and the environment.
Alcoa's policy is to operate worldwide in a safe and responsible way, respecting the environment and health of our employees, clients and the communities where we operate. We do not compromise the Health, Safety and Environmental Value as a function of profit or production.
All Alcoans have a duty to understand, promote and support implementation of this Policy and all its Principles.
- We value human life above all and manage risks in an appropriate way.
- We continually improve HSE systems and processes in the untiring search for a workplace free from incidents.
- We do not compromise our HSE Value for profit or production.
- We comply with all the laws and establish higher standards for ourselves and for our suppliers in which unacceptable risks are identified.
- We support the prevention of pollution and sustainable development, incorporating social responsibility, economic success and environmental excellence in our decision-making processes.
- We measure and evaluate our performance and are frank and transparent in our communications.
- We supply and use safe and reliable products and services.
- We use our knowledge in HSE to improve the safety and well-being of our communities.
- We are all responsible for complying with and disseminating our Value and HSE Principles.