Doing Business With Alcoa
Supplier Selection Policy
To ensure we obtain the best value available, Procurement is committed to competitively sourcing all of Alcoa’s purchases.
Awards are made to suppliers able to meet our Business Units’ needs and required standards, at a competitive price. Suppliers to Alcoa are selected through an assessment of:
- Business Management
- Capability and Capacity
- Environmental Management and Sustainability
- Safety Management
- Quality System
- Continuous Improvement
Alcoa’s EHS policy
Our unrelenting commitment to environment, health and safety is a fundamental feature that distinguishes the way we do business.
It is Alcoa’s policy to operate worldwide in a safe, responsible manner which respects the environment and the health of our employees, our customers and the communities where we operate. We will not compromise environmental, health or safety values for profit or production.
Contractors, Subcontractors and Contracted Services:
- are expected to understand, promote and assist in the implementation of all applicable rules and regulations and provide training and communications to their employees as required by the performance of the project Scope of Work;
- are required to undertake a Prequalification process to ensure adequate planning, focus, process development and compliance with Alcoa’s EHS policy;
- are required to attend an EHS orientation outlining Alcoa’s EHS expectations and potential hazards associated with completion of the project Scope of Work.
All suppliers entering into an agreement with Alcoa are supplied with all relevant EHS policies.
If you are currently a supplier of services to Alcoa, you can access these documents by logging in to AlcoaDirect .
Alcoa’s Local Community Policy
Alcoa is committed to building capacity within our own operations and the communities in which we work to create sustainable operations and sustainable and stronger communities with a shared future.
We strive to add value to the local economy through the use of local suppliers, by helping local suppliers do business with us, and by encouraging suppliers to employ local labour.
Within our guidelines of safe, ethical and competitive business practices, we will:
- invite capable local business to bid on every locally supplied or manufactured good or service;
- give preference to local business in a competitive situation;
work with local business interest groups to identify and utilise local suppliers; and
- where possible we will structure bids to enable local supplier participation.
Local is defined as suppliers operating businesses in Anglesea, Geelong, Portland, Dwellingup, Harvey, Pinjarra, Waroona and Yarloop.