While very important, competitive remuneration forms only one part of the whole employment package. Terms and conditions complete the picture, providing a range of benefits to employees. Below, read just some examples of the employee benefits offered at Alcoa.
- Competitive remuneration packages.
- 14% superannuation.
- Performance pay program.
- Incentive compensation program.
Salary sacrifice options for:
- Voluntary superannuation.
- Novated lease vehicle.
- Reasonable child care expenses covered when travelling on business.
- Financial assistance for boarding schooling costs incurred by Alcoans working in remote areas.
- Private health insurance at corporate rates.
- Global and interstate work.
- Workplace volunteering and financial support to the community groups our employees volunteer with.
- Alcoa Employee Share Scheme (share purchase program).
- Employee Suggestion Scheme with financial rewards.
- Free of charge Employee Assistance Program, run by health professionals for employees and their families.
- Employee recognition programs.
- Access to wellness programs.
Training & Development:
- Study assistance policies.
- Time-off and financial support for approved educational courses (Education Tuition Aid Policy).
- Memberships to professional institutes.
- Access to leadership development support.
- Strong performance management system.
- Mentoring and career development programs.
- Generous leave entitlements.
- Leisure days off in addition to annual leave.
Work/ Life Blend:
- Family friendly, work/ life balance policies.
- 16 weeks paid maternity leave.
- 1 week paid paternity leave.
- Flexible working hours by agreement (including part-time and job share opportunities).
- Access to employee operated social clubs and benefits.
- Excellent shift rosters.
- Professional development and mentoring for women through the Alcoa Women’s Network.
- Supporting gay, lesbian and transgender equality in the workplace through EAGLE (Employees at Alcoa for Gay and Lesbian Equality).
- A Maternity Network, at some sites, offering informal networking and business updates to women on maternity leave.
- One-day parental leave program offered prior to maternity leave.
- A partnership with Kommercial (an organisation providing work for people with a disability) to employ people with disabilities at our Point Henry operations in Victoria.
- Personal accident insurance.
- Onsite medical professionals.
- Strong human resource policies aligned with Alcoa’s values.
Please note: Some of the above mentioned benefits are not applicable to all job roles.