Alcoa Graduate Opportunities
Please check the Current Vacancies page for any graduate opportunities.
Alcoa graduates play an important role in the company’s future – we consider them our leaders of tomorrow.
We employ graduates with initiative, ambition, energy, and those who understand the importance of team-work. We seek future leaders who are committed to excellence, and who have a strong academic record. In addition, we are looking for people with demonstrated problem solving and communication skills, and an interest in extra curricular activities is also important.
As an Alcoa graduate, your success and Alcoa's success go hand in hand – we are focused on helping you realise your career aspirations.
Our Graduate Program is aimed at providing you a broad base of skills, tailored to your individual development needs and career goals.
We provide opportunities for professional development, through formal training programs, informal networking, ongoing coaching and regular feedback from our senior professionals.
All of this is couched in the Alcoa environment which fosters communication, involvement, knowledge-sharing and teamwork.
To be eligible for the Alcoa Graduate Program, it is preferable that you have completed a relevant undergraduate university degree/ or similar, or have a maximum of six months left before completing your degree.
Consideration will also be given to new graduates with some recent industry experience and who are available to commence immediately.
All applicants are required to be permanent residents of Australia or New Zealand, or eligible to work in Australia in accordance with regulations outlined by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship and the Department of Immigration Migration and Indigenous Affairs.
Graduate Program Benefits
Alcoa graduates are offered:
- A formal structured Graduate Program;
- A competitive salary package;
- Performance-based incentives;
- 14% superannuation;
- The option of becoming part of the Alcoa Employee Share Plan;
- Salary packaging options, including novated vehicle lease;
- Mentoring and support groups;
- Leisure Days Offs (in addition to regular annual leave entitlements);
- Professional memberships;
- Attractive workplace locations;
- Permanent employment status (rather than fixed-term contract);
- Personal Accident Insurance (outside of the workplace);
- Community involvement opportunities; plus
- Much, much, more.
Our Graduate Recruitment Process
While the process may vary for the different business units within Alcoa of Australia, the general graduate recruitment process is:
This process can take up to eight weeks.
- Available positions are advertised at www.alcoa.com.au/careers.
- Applications close by a certain date. Applications after the closing date will not be considered.
- A short-list of candidates is prepared by a panel of managers and HR recruitment consultants.
- Short-listed candidates are invited for interview and unsuccessful candidates are notified.
- Interviews take place.
- Successful candidates at interview are progressed to psychometric and ability testing, medical testing, reference checking and an Alcoa on-site visit.
- Offers are made to successful candidates.
Living in Alcoa Communities
find out more
Employer of choice for women and gender equity
In 2015 Alcoa was named an employer of choice for women and gender equity for the 14th consecutive year