Alcoa strenghtening its position in the UK
February 10, 2011
Alcoa Wheel Products manufacture forged aluminium wheels for trucks, trailers and buses and are by far the market leader both globally and in Europe. The European manufacturing facility is located in Székesfehérvár, Hungary and the service and distribution centre in Paal, Belgium.
To strengthen their position in the UK, Alcoa has hired a UK Sales Manager: James Crampton, mob. +44 785 224 5641, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. James brings with him 15 years of experience in the commercial vehicle industry.
Did you know that?
- Charles Martin Hall made the first small globules of aluminium in 1886, leading to the foundation of Alcoa in 1888, today the world’s leading producer of aluminium.
- Alcoa invented and made the first forged aluminium truck wheel in 1948.
Alcoa stands for more than 120 years experience in aluminium production and more than 60 years in forged aluminium truck wheels.
Alcoa wheels are forged from one solid block of aluminium. They withstand the most severe tests. That is why Alcoa grants a 5 year unlimited mileage warranty. Compared to steel wheels, Alcoa wheels are
- more profitable
- more environmentally friendly
- better looking
Alcoa is the most innovative wheel manufacturer. They listen to their customers’ needs and come up with solutions, such as:
- Dura-Bright® wheels: wheels with patented surface treatment.
Dura-Bright wheels do not need polishing. They keep their shine by cleaning them with water and soap. This saves hundreds of working hours and hundreds of Pounds yearly.
- Dura-Flange® wheels: for longer service life under extreme conditions.
- WorkHorse® wheels: suitable for construction vehicles and when a higher maximum load rating is needed.
- New wheel sizes
Alcoa has a wide range of wheels for heavy duty trucks, trailers and buses in sizes from 19.5” x 7.50” up to 22.5” x 17.00”. Lately they have added some 17.5” wheels to their portfolio:
- a 17.5 x 6.75 10 hole low deck trailer wheel, available in Mirror Polished version
- a 17.5 x 6.75 6 hole truck wheel for medium duty trucks in the range of 6 to 12 tons,
available in Brushed and Dura-Bright® finishes from April 2011 onwards.
MAN will be the first truck brand to offer this wheel on their TGL medium duty truck range.
The wheel is also available for the aftermarket via the Alcoa Wheel Products distributor in the UK:
Tyre-Line Ltd., tel. +44 1327 701 000 – email@example.com – www.aluminium-wheels.co.uk
For more info on Alcoa wheels, go to http://www.alcoa.com/alcoawheels/europe/en/home.asp
Alcoa Wheel Products Europe
Tel. +32 11 458464