Alcoa Wheel Products are available from a wide sales distribution network located around the Asia region.
To find the outlet nearest to you, please contact our customer service at: Alcoa International (Asia) Ltd. 88 Gloucester Road, 10th Floor, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Tel: +852 2529 2333
Fax: +852 2529 2322
Or leave us a message or enquiry here for us to reply you as soon as possible.
2. How do I know which Alcoa wheel is suitable for my vehicle?
• Steel wheels are fitted with short studs and standard cap nuts
• 26mm Alcoa wheels are fitted with long studs and standard cap nuts
• 32mm Alcoa wheels are fitted with short studs and special Alcoa cap nuts
4. What is the weight difference between an Alcoa and a steel wheel?
5. How much weight can be saved on a truck/trailer combination with Alcoa wheels?
On a common combination 4x2 truck and three axle semi-trailer with wide base wheels, you can save up to 220 kg versus steel wheels. For other configurations, contact us or check it out using the Alcoa Value Calculator.
6. How long does an Alcoa wheel last?
Under normal circumstances Alcoa wheels can last 15 years and more. Depending on the application rim horn wear can occur sooner or later. For more details on rim horn wear, please refer to our Wheel Service Manual or contact us.
7. Is special maintenance required for Alcoa wheels?
No, but regular maintenance is recommended. Alcoa wheels are non-coated, non-painted. Therefore, cleaning has to be done with specific products. If you follow the right procedures, the luster will stay for years. Please refer to our Wheel Maintenance leaflet for details. For more info about cleaning products and procedures, contact us.
8. Can I paint Alcoa wheels?
Yes, painting is possible, but it is not recommended nor is it guaranteed by Alcoa. According to the current coating/painting technologies used, there is no layer that can last forever. In worst cases, the varnish peels off after one year in service. On top of that, the aluminium we use, in its natural state, develops its own oxide layer, which protects the wheel from most corrosive attacks.
1. Why are there special wheels for the bus industry?
Alcoa makes wheels for both bus mounting and truck mounting systems. The axle suppliers have always supplied different mounting for transit buses.
2. What is the difference between European cap nuts and US cap nuts?
European wheels with 32.87mm bolt holes can use a sleeved cap nut instead of replacing the studs to change over to Alcoa wheels. Alcoa part numbers for these wheels are 886510 and 896510.
3. Are there truck type wheels in the bus market?
Yes, some wheels used in the truck market are used in the bus industry. Know what type of mounting system, bolt circle, hub bore size, bolt hole diameter and wheel sizes/load ratings of your wheel system before retro fitting.
4. How do you keep these wheels clean?
Buy Dura-Bright® wheels and you will never have to polish again.
1. What size wheels do you offer for my motorhome?
We have several sizes starting at 16" and going as large as 24.5"
2. What kind of designs do you offer for my motorhome?
If your motorhome has 16" wheels then we have two to three designs. If you have a 19.5" wheel, we have only one design called the Classic. If you have 22.5" or 24.5", we offer only the Classic, but there are other designs available to you at one of our OEM dealers.
3. Why do I want Alcoa aluminum wheels and not wheel simulators?
These are the reasons why: Simulators will rust over time and not keep their look. Simulators keep the heat in the wheel system not dissipating to the atmosphere. The costs are very similar. With simulators you don't know what is happening to the wheel and cap nuts. The wheel could have a crack or a broken/missing cap nut. You will also maintain good looks with aluminum wheels.